Friday, May 1, 2009

Sketchup Guilt?

Sometimes I feel a little guilty about the cool tools my students and I use to explore learning and creativity. Thankfully over the last few years, I have proven time and time again that learning platforms like Sketchup and Scratch = "fun lessons" = "meaningful engagement" = "authentic learning" = "transferable skills". This guilt doesn't stem from any belief that education needs to be tedious to have value, it comes from the fact my peers don't get to use these fun tools within the walls of their classrooms. However, with schools increasingly understanding the validity of these learning experiences, I think I will be able to share this guilt a little.

The video below has a different take on Sketchup that will add to its relevancy in education even more.


No comments:

Post a Comment