Saturday, March 20, 2010

So, what's with Gmail?

In week two's assignment, we were to create a post describing our take on Gmail. The following questions were posed.
  1. What are the main differences between Gmail and any email you've used before?
  2. What would you like to be able to do with Gmail? Responses here might inform future learning opportunities in this course.
  3. How could one of the tools in Gmail be used to positively impact student or teacher performance at ISB?
Shannon's shesonatrip blog is a good example of a practitioner's approach to using Gmail in the classroom. The following are her thoughts

Gmail is my preferred email provider because it is more than just email: chat, talk, calendar, shared docs, task lists, sites, RSS reader, etc.... It allows me to instantly connect with my students, colleagues, family and friends. I love it! I have been a dedicated Gmail user for about two years now and I would still like to know how to use more tools, more effectively!

Out of the long list of tools Gmail offers, I believe that the two best tools are Google Calendar and GoogleSites. Both of these tools help students become more organized and more independent. I post due dates, assignments and homework, rubrics, and resources. It's handy, it's all in one place, and extremely easy to use!


You must check out Rochelle's post, Google 101 for even more great ideas.
Here's another insightful post from Milica R.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment